TEHRAN (defapress)- The US Army continued reinforcing its military bases in Syria despite US President Donald Trump's declared decision for a pullout of Syria.
News ID: 75180
Publish Date: 25January 2019 - 19:40
The London-based Syrian Observatory of Human Rights (SOHR) reported that US military convoys comprising 250 military trucks have entered the provinces of Aleppo, Raqqa and Hasaka.
The SOHR noted that the trucks carried ammunition and logistical supplies for the US troops in Syria, and said that the trucks were unloaded in Ain al-Arab, Ain al-Arab Airport, Ain Issa, Raqqa and Tal Tamr as well as several other military bases in Raqqa, Hasaka and Aleppo provinces.
In a relevant development on January 14, the SOHR had reported that a US military convoy comprising tens of military vehicles had arrived in Deir Ezzur province via roads linking Eastern Euphrates in Syria to Iraq's Kurdistan Region.
Also on January 11, a US military convoy comprising 150 armored vehicles, military hardware and logistics supplies entered al-Jabalieh military base in Northern part of Raqqa city and Ain al-Arab in Aleppo countryside.
The analysts believe that even if the US decision for pullout would take place it would not mean end of Washington's presence in Syria.
They say that the US failure in Syria and Iraq has made Washington to face two options of whether to leave the region without any achievement or continue to maintain its political and military presence in Syria through its proxies.
The analysts said that the Americans have chosen the second option which is reviving and strengthening the ISIL terrorists group along Syria-Iraq borders.
Meantime, local sources said that several massive US military convoys have arrived in Hasaka province from Iraq's Northern regions via areas under the control of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).
They noted that the US military convoys also contained military and logistics equipment sent to the US-led coalition bases in Eastern Euphrates region.
The sources reiterated that fortification of the US military bases in Eastern Syria is still underway even after Trump's decision to pull out forces from Syria.
In a relevant development earlier this month, the SOHR said the US had dispatched hundreds of military trucks comprising weapons and military equipment to Deir Ezzur province in Eastern Syria since President Donald Trump declared his decision to withdraw troops from the country.
The SOHR said that a military convoy comprising a sum of 150 trucks carrying cars and logistic military equipment has been dispatched to the regions under the control of the Syrian Democratic Forces specially on Eastern Euphrates from the Iraqi Kurdistan Region.
The SOHR noted that it was the third US military convoy sent to Syria after Trump's decision on exit of the American troops from Syria, and said that a total number of 500 trucks containing weapons and military equipment have been dispatched to Eastern Syria so far.
Meantime, the SOHR reported that withdrawal of the US heavy military vehicles from Eastern Euphrates towards Iraq has not yet been monitored officially.
The SOHR reported that the Turkish media reports sating that the US has withdrawn its forces from a base at the Syrian-Iraqi-Turkish border were related to the US forces' traffic between Syria and Iraq.
The SOHR had also reported that a long convoy of almost 200 US army trucks, carrying weapons, munitions and logistical equipment, left the US bases in Iraq on Saturday and arrived in coalition bases in Raqqa, Manbij and Ein Issa in Northeastern Syria.
In the meantime, the Kurdish militia reported that the trucks arrived in the town of Amouda and left then for the US-run bases in Northeastern Syria, adding that the arms and ammunition cargo is to be delivered to the SDF.
The convoy arrived after the US military decided to withdraw from Syria but leave the SDF armed in the region.