Two drones belonging to the Saudi-led coalition were shot down by the Yemeni army and popular committees over Jizan province, Arab media reports said on Tuesday.
News ID: 71906
Publish Date: 21August 2018 - 17:30
TEHRAN(Defapress)_The Arabic-language al-Mayadeen news channel quoted an informed Yemeni military source as saying that in addition to downing the drones, a number of Sudanese forces and militants loyal to fugitive president Mansour Hadi were also killed and wounded while advancing in Jizan.
No other details have yet been released about the incident.
Yemeni army troops, backed by allied fighters from Popular Committees, fired a domestically-manufactured ballistic missile at a military base in Saudi Arabia’s Southern border region of Najran on Sunday in retaliation for the Riyadh regime’s devastating military campaign against their impoverished country.
Al-Masirah television network, citing an unnamed military official, reported that Mostahadeth base had been targeted with a short-range Badr-1 missile late on Friday, adding that the projectile had hit the designated target with high precision.
The official said the missile strike killed and injured scores of Saudi troopers and Saudi-backed Yemeni militiamen loyal to Hadi .
On Saturday, at least two Saudi soldiers were killed when Yemeni forces and their allies fatally shot them at Mashal base in the kingdom’s Southwestern region of Jizan.
Furthermore, Yemeni soldiers and fighters from Popular Committees fired a salvo of artillery rounds at a position of Saudi mercenaries in the al-Boq region of Najran, leaving a large number of them dead or injured.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen since March 2015 to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 17,500 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Despite Riyadh's claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
Reports by independent world bodies have warned that the Saudi-led air campaign against Yemen has driven the impoverished country towards humanitarian disaster, as Saudi Arabia's deadly campaign prevented the patients from travelling abroad for treatment and blocked the entry of medicine into the war-torn country.
Yemen is the world’s largest humanitarian crisis with more than 22 million people in need and is seeing a spike in needs, fuelled by ongoing conflict, a collapsing economy and diminished social services and livelihoods.
A UN panel has compiled a detailed report of civilian casualties caused by the Saudi military and its allies during their war against Yemen, saying the Riyadh-led coalition has used precision-guided munitions in its raids on civilian targets.